Environmental Noise Analysis and Advice Service
Providing environmental noise measurement, control and advice to Central and Local Government and the private sector. We trade as Environmental Noise Analysis and Advice Service (ENAAS). The service is delivered by Vern Goodwin, SMS's Environmental Acoustics specialist. Vern has 30 years experience in environmental noise measurement and assessment. Click here
to read more about Vern.
Our Environmental noise consultancy was established on 1 January 2000. ENAAS and its predecessors has advised most cities nation-wide and many smaller councils and regional councils. ENAAS's primary role is to advise public health services nation-wide under District Health Board administration. Other advisory work has been undertaken for government agencies. Services have also been provided on a commercial basis to many local authorities nation-wide who have sought advice on noise aspects of Resource Management Act district planning including resource consents, enforcement and Environment Court work.
for an ENAAS request for service form.
We provide technical and expert advice on environmental noise and non-occupational noise.
- Measurement and assessment of all types of environmental noise
- Provision of expert evidence for Environment Court and Local Government Resource Management Act proceedings
- Assessment of proposals involving noise emissions
- Audit of predictions of noise
- Advice on enforcement options
- Mediation and arbitration services on environmental noise matters
- Advice to crown owned entities and government agencies
- Advisory services for local authorities on a cost-recovery basis
- Interpretation of acoustical standards and guidelines
- Training in environmental noise measurement and assessment.
Vern can be contacted at his Christchurch Office
Work may be undertaken if time is available for non-public sector clients where there is no conflict of interest. This may include expert witness services in the Environment Court on the topic of environmental noise. Noise control engineering work is not undertaken.
If you require occupational health and safety noise services click here
for our consultancy services.