Environmental Noise Analysis and Advice Service
Providing environmental noise measurement, control and advice Ministry of Health and Public Health Services of District Health Boards in New Zealand. We trade as Environmental Noise Analysis and Advice Service (ENAAS). The service is delivered by Dr Stephen Chiles, SMS's Environmental Acoustics specialist. Click here
to read more about Stephen.
ENAAS was established on 1 January 2000. ENAAS's primary role is to provide advise on environmental noise to the Ministry of Health and Public Health Services nation-wide under District Health Board administration.
We provide technical and expert advice on environmental noise and non-occupational noise including;
- Measurement and assessment of all types of environmental noise
- Provision of expert evidence for Environment Court and Local Government Resource Management Act proceedings
- Assessment of proposals involving noise emissions
- Audit of predictions of noise
- Advice on enforcement options
- Interpretation of acoustical standards and guidelines
- Training in environmental noise measurement and assessment.