Marty Black - Harbourmaster Queenstown
Marty has over 30 years of involvement with Waterways in the Queenstown area. 5 years as a commercial operator, 25 years this year as Harbourmaster. He has extensive experience in Bylaw enforcement/water safety, across the QLDC area. He his actively involved in Pollution Control and reporting on Water based Resource consents.
Marty's qualifications include;
- Commercial Launchmaster
- Joymay Pollution Controllers Qualification
- Authorized Person appointed by Maritime New Zealand for the Auditing/Inspection of both Commercial Rafting and Jetboating in the Queenstown area; and is
- Recognized by Survey Nelson/Maritime New Zealand as an Auditor for craft up to 12 metres in Safe Ship Management.
Marty is a member of and serves on the following committees;
- Maritime New Zealand Small Boat Advisory Forum
- Queenstown Emergency Services Group
- Foundation Member New Zealand Rafting Association
- Foundation Member New Zealand Commercial Jetboat Association
- Chairman Wakatipu Area St John Ambulance, and
- Committee member Fernhill Residents Association.
Contact Marty Black at our Queenstown