Border Health Protection and Ship Sanitation Certificate
Course Directors Introduction
SMS holds the Border Health and Ship Sanitation Certification Course annually, this year it is at the Brentwood Hotel Kilbirnie, Wellington 25-29th July 2016.
There is a requirement
for all attendees to have completed the World Health Organization's Learning Program on Ship Sanitation Inspection and Issuance of Ship Sanitation Certificates
and obtain the certificate of completion prior to the course. Failure to complete the pre-course requirements will make your nominees ineligible to attend.
Everyone wishing to attend the course this year needs to:
- Register through email@example.com for the On-Line Training Package
- Complete the on-line training course (this may take up to four days but can be spread out to fit in with work demands)
- Receive the Certificate of Completion
- Visit a ship and participate in a Ship Sanitation Certification assessment (either alone or with an experienced health protection officer)
- The ship visit must be done prior to the commencement of the Border Health and Ship Sanitation Certification Course
Once nominations have been accepted the attendees will be sent an Admin Brief listing the pre-course reading and providing a link to World Health Organization's Learning Programme.
These will also be uploaded to the SMS website for easy access.
SMS will require the attendee's Manager to confirm that the above requirements have been met before the attendee can be confirmed as registered to attend the course.
Border Health Protection Summary
Medical Vector Booklet
Medical Guide for Ships (Ch 29-32 Extracts)
Maritime Declaration of Health
Summary of IHR 2005 Ship Sanitation Provisions
Request Form to Access SSI learning programme